On March 17 we gathered to pray for our new church plant, Trinity South Coast. Please find the prayer points below and continue to pray with us.
Trinity South Coast
Give thanks for the way God went before us in 2014, preparing the way for the initial South Coast Studies Bible study groups, and now the launch of a new church.
Pray that God will give those in the South Coast starter group many opportunities to talk to friends, family and neighbours about Jesus. Ask God to create many “divine intersections” for conversations to occur.
Pray that the existing churches in the region will be encouraged and spurred on in their gospel ministry by the launch of the new church.
Ask God that many people who have never understood the gospel of Jesus will be invited along to TSC by friends. Pray they will hear the gospel faithfully explained, see it lived out, and come to faith in Jesus. Ask God to draw many people to himself.
Pray that many people who have been part of a church previously, but who have allowed other things in life to crowd out their faith and their trust in Jesus, will hear of TSC and will connect into church and be encouraged and built up.
Pray that the countless tasks, large and small, necessary to the life of a new church will be taken care of easily, and that they won’t present a distraction to the ministry of the church.
Ask God to be at work in the people of the South Coast even now, preparing them to hear and respond to the good news of Jesus as it’s proclaimed in the new church.
Give thanks for the provision of a Sunday venue at Investigator College, and for the good relationships enjoyed with the school.
The Trinity South Coast Team
Give thanks for the faithfulness of those on the South Coast who have been praying for a new church for many years.
Give thanks for these weeks of “Soft Launch” church services leading up to the public launch at Easter. Pray that this time will be a great encouragement to the TSC Starter Group as they see the shape of things to come.
Pray that the South Coast starter group who have gone out from TMB will persevere well in the ministry tasks and opportunities ahead of them, convinced of the value of the ministry they are involved in for the kingdom of God.
Pray that we at TMB will be committed to praying regularly and faithfully for the ministry on the South Coast. Ask that we will grasp the fellowship in gospel partnership that we enjoy.
Pray that the TMB re-launch at Mount Barker, and consolidating to one Sunday morning gathering, will enable us to plant more and more churches so that people can come into a relationship with Jesus.
Give thanks for holidays that TSC pastor Duncan Andrews and his family had recently. Pray that the time of refreshment will serve them well for the busy launch period ahead.
Give thanks for those in the Starter Group who have already committed to serving in a variety of ministry areas such as kids’ ministry and welcoming.
The following prayer points center around our youth and childrens ministry. You can use them to help guide your prayers.
- Thank God for the gift of babies, both to their parents & to the church.
- Pray for protection and Godly covering as TMB babies grow.
- Praise God for the many people that give up their time to care for the youngest TMBers during various Church services and Bible Study Groups.
- Pray for crèche volunteers, that they might be faithful and purposeful in their care.
- Pray for the leaders recruiting and rostering for TMB crèche ministry, ask for wisdom and ongoing energy for the task.
- Pray that crèche might continue to be a tool that encourages and enables young families to come under the sound of the gospel for the sake of Jesus’ name.
CIA Kids Club Ministry
- Ask God to call on and provide a new leader for the Friday afternoon program so that CIA can resume ministry as soon as possible.
- Pray that those children who were attending CIA, particularly those with no other connection to a church, would be built up under God in other ways and through other programs.
Sunday Kid’s Church Ministry (Minis, Midis & Maxis)
- Thank God for the space and resources to run Kid’s Church programs every Sunday.
- Praise God for the faithful service of the various teachers & volunteers through whom TMB is able to offer vital ministry to children.
- Thank God for Naomi Harris and her continued deliberate and faithful work in preparing materials, teaching, recruiting and rostering for Kid’s Church every Sunday. Pray for strength & encouragement. Pray for her own family as she works hard to serve God through Children’s ministry at TMB.
- Pray that the school holidays bring rest and refreshment to all those serving at Kid’s Church, giving renewed energy for another term.
- Pray for those that have been asked to serve as teachers for Kid’s Church. Ask that they might take the offer seriously and prayerfully consider how they might be able to serve the children at TMB.
- Ask that God might provide many more volunteers for Kid’s Church to relieve pressure on the few who are currently serving.
- Pray that Kid’s church might continue to be a tool that encourages and enables young families to come under the sound of the gospel for the sake of Jesus’ name.
- Thank God for children and the many blessings He lavishes on us through them.
- Praise God for His work in the lives and hearts of our youngest followers of Christ.
- Pray that we might always provide for and never hinder the growth, in faith and service, of our children at TMB.
- Pray that we might continue to prioritise and hold high the ministry of the gospel to our children, both during and beyond church every Sunday.
- Ask that God might draw the attention of young families until He is their whole focus and the reason for ‘doing life’ in a way that brings glory to Him.
- Pray for children connected to TMB who are not yet followers of Jesus. Ask that the Holy Spirit might work in their lives through the various children’s ministries at TMB.
- Pray for children in Mt Barker not connected with TMB or any other church. Pray that God might see and hear them, draw them to himself and allow Mt Barker to see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- Ask for God’s protection over the lives of children. Pray that they might be spared of the sin of those who have come before them and that they might be set apart for God’s glory.
- Pray that those children who were attending CIA, particularly those with no other connection to a church, would be built up under God in other ways and through other programs.
GiG Youth Ministry
- Praise God for the Friday night youth group ‘GiG - Growing in God’.
- Thank God for engaging and valued small group Bible study times across the first term.
- Thank God for the students who attend, for their willingness and desire to study the Bible and know Jesus.
- Thank God for the leaders who give up their Friday nights to serve and teach young people at GiG – Katy, Tim, David, Anthea & Daniel.
- Pray for renewed energy and fervour over the school holiday period as leaders rest and prepare for another term of the GiG program.
- Pray for Katy as she writes study guides and continues in planning and preparation for the rest of the year.
- Pray that the leaders would continue to be challenged to build relationships with the GiG students especially assigned to them with the desire to disciple them towards maturity in Jesus.
- Praise God for bringing several new students in contact with GiG who are yet to follow Christ. Ask that He might enable the faithful teaching of the gospel to these young people.
- Pray that the gospel would spread rapidly from GiG and that the students would be equipped to share the gospel with their friends.
YA – Young Adults Ministry
- Thank God for Andrew Harris and his leadership of this ministry. Ask for continued wisdom and energy as he leads a challenging demographic within TMB.
- Pray that Andrew might be able to effectively and naturally engage with the young adults for the purpose of teaching and building them up.
- Thank God for the provision of God-honouring and Biblical study guides for YA to use.
- Praise God for the encouragement many of our young adults are in word and service to others within the TMB community.
- Ask that God would continue to uphold our young adults and spur them on in their spiritual growth and ministry.
- Pray for more consistent and committed attendance at YA Bible Study on Tuesday nights.
- Pray that other, older members of the TMB community would take particular interest in the lives of our young adults and come alongside of them in mentoring roles.
- Pray that there would be consistent and tangible growth in knowledge through Bible Study for the YA group.
- Pray that Tuesday night Bible Study would grow in numbers, both Christian and non-Christian, for the sake of gospel and the praise of Jesus.
Our Youth & Young Adults
- Praise God for the gift of young people among us at TMB and in the wider community. Thank God for all the ways they teach and encourage us all.
- Thank God for the lives of those young people who are constantly seeking His will for their lives. Pray that God might hear their desire and be faithful in His promises.
- Pray for TMB’s year 12 and Uni students. Ask that they might be able to honour God in their priorities and choices as they balance study with the rest of their lives.
- Pray that our youth and young adults might be challenged and discipled towards setting an example for all believers in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity.
- Pray for protection from evil over the lives of our young people as their Biblical worldview competes with that of many of their friends.
- Pray for the young people that are connected with TMB in one way or another but are yet to be followers of Jesus. Ask that they might come to know the saving grace of God through his Son, and that TMB would be faithful in the discipleship of young believers.
- Pray for the many youth and young adults who are yet to come under the sound of the gospel here in the Mt Barker region. Pray that God might use TMB to reach and teach them as the Holy Spirit works in their lives.
The Prayer Points prepared for this evening's Hour of Prayer for the persecuted church are copied below for you to use in your own prayers:
In Borno state, the authorities plan to demolish 25 churches and Christian schools. Anti-Christian violence continues to be a horrific reality in some Northern and Middle Belt areas. For example, Christians in Kafanchan in Kaduna State have been the target of an ongoing, violent campaign that began in March. Around 100 people have been killed, over 500 homes have been destroyed and more than 10,000 people have been displaced from their homes. Let us pray for Nigeria
· Pray for persecuted Nigerian Christians, who have suffered and continue to suffer terribly.
· Pray that all those who live in areas where sharia law is being imposed will know that in Christ they have true freedom, despite the earthly oppression they are enduring.
· Pray that the mental and physical wounds inflicted on Christian victims of violence will be healed in Jesus name.
· Pray for the victims of a violent machete attacks in Kaduna State this September, ask that God would strengthen their faith and enable it to stand even firmer so that the gospel might spread rapidly in that area.
· Ask the Lord to protect our brothers and sisters in Nigeria from further attack.
· Pray for those speaking the gospel regardless of the cost to their lives or the lives of their families, ask that their actions would impact the hearts of those who are persecuting them.
Believers from two Christian villages in Syria were invaded by Islamist rebels on 21 October. Estimates of the number of Christians killed during the siege of Saddad and Haffar range from 45 to 70, and thousands of people were used as human shields. Many of our brothers and sisters were forced to flee to neighbouring villages or to the cities of Homs and Damascus. Let us pray for Syria
· Give thanks that residents of these two villages have been able to return to their homes since government forces liberated the villages on 28 October.
· Pray for those who are grieving for lost relatives and for those traumatised by the violent takeover.
· Pray that the residents of Saddad and Haffar will know the peace of the Lord as they return home and try to resume their daily lives.
· Pray also for Christians throughout Syria, who are both caught up in the civil conflict and specifically targeted by Islamist rebels.
· Ask the Lord to meet the needs of those who are displaced and destitute as the temperature drops over winter.
· Pray that the Sovereign Lord will be the refuge of every Syrian Christian as their ordeal continues to drag on.
An Egyptian Christian Church family has lost four of its members after a Cairo church was targeted in a drive-by shooting. Two young girls, Mariam (8) and Mariam (12), were among the four Christians shot dead as they left the church after a wedding. A number of other people were injured during the attack on 20 October, during which masked gunmen fired indiscriminately at people leaving the building. Immediately after the attack two sisters, Mariam (10) and Ireni (6), were found to be missing. At the time of writing, there has been no news of their whereabouts. Let us pray for Eygpt.
· Thank God that family members of the victims have turned to the Lord in their grief, and praise him for their boldness in saying that the attack has only strengthened their faith.
· Ask that we would be emboldened in our own faith and encouraged by our Eygptian Christian brothers and sisters.
· Praise God for their faith and courage in the face of grief and trauma, and ask Him to heal them in their suffering and provide them with reassurance of the truth that He is with them always.
· Ask the Lord to keep Mariam and Ireni safe and that they will soon be returned to their families.
· Pray that the authorities will provide more effective protection for vulnerable churches. (A local church leader said that the targeted church had not had a police guard since the end of June)
· Pray for the five men who were arrested over the shooting, one of whom was said to be a member of a terrorist organisation. The other four were members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Pray that they might come under the sound of the gospel and be transformed for the glory of God’s Kingdom.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.- Psalm 103:1-5
· Praise God for his sovereign grace in the provision of his Son and the hope we have as a result.
· Thank God for the promises he gives us through his word, for his faithful love that never ends, for his peace that passes understanding, for his victory over sin & death, for an end to pain and suffering and an eternal life with him for all who trust in Jesus.
· Praise God for his glory, power & might. For his justice, for his name renowned in heaven and on earth and under the earth.
· Thank God that one day every knee shall bow, and every tongue will swear allegiance to the LORD and that those who actively fight against the gospel now will be among those who will tremble at his presence on that day.
· Pray that Christians all over the world would not worry, fret, or fear in the face of adversary, pain, hatred or loss of freedom, ask instead that we would all trust in God’s holy name and mighty power no matter the cost to ourselves or our brothers and sisters in Christ.
· Pray that armed with the mighty promises of God, Christians would stand firm all across the world and even amidst great suffering, never shrinking back from sharing the full counsel of God.
If you were unable to join us last night for our Hour of Prayer, please read below for how you can be praying for us as a church.
- Give thanks for the vibrant network of people that make up the family at TMB and praise God that he has gifted us with genuine relationships and community.
- Pray for young Saskia Krol. Pray that God would rid her body of the Neuroblastoma, both in her neck and in her vertebrae. Ask that Saskia’s cancer would be starved through the chemotherapy and that it would be incapable of growth or spread.
- Ask that a miraculous healing of Saskia’s body in Jesus name might give great glory to God and cause many people to be humbled before the God of the universe who can do all things.
- Praise and thank God for Saskia’s family, their faith and trust in their Father God and their willingness to share this journey with their TMB family.
- Ask for continued unity and strength within the Krol family in the months ahead. Ask that God might give them wisdom as they navigate what family life looks like during such a long period of treatment for Saskia.
- Pray for Doug Bower. Ask that we at TMB might continue in love and support of both he and Roma as they continue in the journey of Doug’s brain tumour treatment.
- Ask that God’s healing hand might be upon Doug and that He might make a full recovery, and that through this many people might come to know Jesus and choose to follow him.
- Pray for Roma as she tirelessly cares for Doug and spends many hours on the road travelling to do so. Pray for stamina and renewed strength. Ask that God might help us know how to best care for them both at this time.
- Pray that both of these families might keep their eyes fixed on God in the long months ahead and hold fast to God’s promises that he will never leave them or forsake them, that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and that nothing can separate them from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Pray for the doctors involved in both Saskia’s and Doug’s cases. Ask that God might provide them with particular understanding and wisdom, that He might protect them from doing any harm and use them for His plans and purposes in the lives of Saskia & Doug.
- Give thanks that we all have the privilege of playing a part in God’s work within TMB. Ask that we might each play our part with fervour and as a response to God’s great love for us.
- Thank God for all the ministry areas that we are able to run within TMB.
- Praise God for all the people that have come forward to lead the ministry areas and ask that He might use them and guide them.
- Ask that as TMB continues to grow and new ministry opportunities become apparent that God would raise up the people to lead them.
- Pray in particular for leadership gaps appearing in ministry areas for 2014 as previous leaders step down or move on to different ministry opportunities. Ask that God might fill these gaps with people ready and able to be used to continue His good work at TMB.
- Praise God for the people who have already come forward to fill some of those gaps.
- Ask that God might continue to challenge and move us out of our comfort zones and remind us constantly that the ministry of TMB belongs to Him and is not dependant on any one leader or ministry area.
- Pray that God might be near those who are leading ministry areas, and that they might continue in their personal discipleship and commitment to reading God’s word and prayer.
- Ask that God might protect those serving in multiple and time consuming ministry areas from burn out or exhaustion. Ask that the TMB family might be wise in supporting one another as we all seek to serve in the areas where we are gifted.
- Ask that more and more Sunday morning attendees might be challenged to find out where they can serve within the family at TMB, and that they might then be well supported and equipped as they contribute to the ministry.
- Give praise and great thanks for the leaders God has placed among us at TMB.
- Give thanks for the gift that the Fopp family are to TMB. Ask that God might surround and protect them as they serve us.
- Ask that Clayton might be given renewed strength and energy to finish a hard year well. Ask that God might especially encourage him as he looks forward to partnering with an Associate Pastor next year.
- Praise God for the gift of the new Associate Pastor, pray that He might prepare us, and the new pastor as we look to share life and ministry beginning in 2014.
- Pray for a smooth transition to the Adelaide Hills for the new associate and their family.
- Pray for the Leadership Team and they move into a season of transition and change as TMB looks to continue to grow and eventually plant a new Sunday gathering in coming years.
- Pray for Paul Harrington & the wider leadership of the Trinity network, asking that God might have His in their lives and their ministry.
- Ask for wisdom and clarity for all the leaders as they seek to honour God and serve the family at TMB
- Ask that God might continue to teach us how we can support and care for our leaders, that we might hold them highly and be thankful for them.
- Pray that God might protect our leaders from sin and temptation, keeping their feet firmly planted in the truth of God’s word so that the Holy Spirit might be the loudest voice in their lives as they teach and guide us.
- Give thanks for all the great things that come with living in the Adelaide Hills and being part of the Mount Barker community.
- Praise God for school communities, Mum’s groups, sport teams and the like and thank Him that through these we have the opportunity to build relationships with those outside of the TMB family.
- Ask that God would challenge us all the more to continue to share our faith when the opportunity presents itself and that we would not be ashamed of the gospel.
- Ask that God would continue to provide us with ways to be involved and serve the wider community, so that we might ultimately be part of the rapid spread of the gospel among the people here.
- Pray for the local Politians and leaders, asking that they might act with integrity and be worthy of the power entrusted to them.
- Pray for the community service groups that are working with people on the fringe of our society. Ask that God might reveal himself in those places and that the people doing this often thankless work might be encouraged and supported by the wider community.
- Pray for the other church families spread out over the Adelaide Hills, asking that God might invigorate and grow their gatherings through the consistent teaching of His word.
- Pray for Christian Pastoral Support Workers in our schools, giving thanks for their work among students, staff and parents and asking that God might water and grow the seeds planted by CPSW’s for the growth of His Kingdom.
- Pray for those living within the Mount Barker community that do not have stable lifestyles or support, those homeless or without adequate food or finance. Ask that the gospel message might reach them in word and deed, that they might come to know Jesus as their saviour.
- Ask that we might be witness to the rapid spread of the gospel out from TMB, and that we might all take seriously the part we have to play.
Looking for some clarity and hope amidst the busyness and chaos of Christmas?
Please join us at one of our two services.
On both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we'll be hearing from one of the eye-witnesses of Jesus' life, and trying to get to the heart of Christmas;
What did Jesus come to do?
What hope does he offer for the world?
How can we have a meaningful Christmas?
Please join us:
10 PM: Tea, coffee & mince pies
10:30 PM: Communion Service
9 AM: Family-Friendly Service.
Littlehampton Primary School gymnasium,
Baker St, Littlehampton
For those of you who weren't able to join us for the Hour of Prayer this month, these are some of the prayer points we prayed about during our time together. Our focus for this month is on our apologetic series during May 'If you could ask God'. The prayer meeting focused on each question that will be explored in the Sunday talks during May.
This Sunday, January 18th, we commence a new teaching series, "Foundations." As has been our pattern in recent years, we are beginning this new year, considering together some of the foundational truths that shape our Chirstian life - both our corporate Christian life, and our personal life of faith in Jesus.
This year, we'll be asking five questions together:
18 Jan - Why on earth would we hope for heaven?
25 Jan - Why on earth would we pray?
1 Feb - Why on earth would we plant a new church?
8 Feb - Why on earth would we get involved?
15 Feb - Why on earth would we make disciples?
Please join us as we consider again, and build upon our foundation for 2105 and beyond! This teaching series will be the same at both 9 AM and 11 AM Church.
TMB Children & Youth
- Give thanks for the great gift from God that young people are amongst the community of Trinity Mount Barker
- Give thanks to God for the joyful reminders our children are of His character and love
- Praise God for bringing them to be a part of His church and sitting them under the sound of the gospel as they grow
- Praise God for the important place children take as part of our church and for the privilege we all have in setting examples and caring for them
- Praise God for the many people who serve and teach our children especially through our children’s and youth programs
- Pray for protection and covering over our children & youth, particularly for those most vulnerable & a risk
- Pray for the children who are suffering and battling illnesses within our church family. Ask for healing, strength & God’s peace in sickness
- Pray for wisdom and energy for those preparing and teaching the materials that teach our young people how to learn and wrestle with what the Bible says
- Pray that God might call our children to Himself, for the glory of his name and the rapid spread of the gospel in generations to come
- Pray that we might be ever vigilant in our guidance and nurturing as we set examples in life and faith for these young people who are so precious to God.
Mount Barker Region Children & Youth
- Give thanks for the community of Mount Barker with its many services and provisions for children & youth
- Give thanks for all those in our community that serve young people, teachers, CPSW’s, coaches, carers, counsellors & doctors
- Give thanks for our schools and for all the opportunities afforded to our children as they learn and grow
- Praise God for the many opportunities we have to connect and build relationships with families in the wider community through our children
- Thank God for our current social and political system that seeks to protect and value children and young people
- Pray for the children & youth in our community that have experienced or are experiencing trauma and abuse. Pray that God might provide refuge and hope in their lives through the power of the gospel
- Pray for the young people at risk of disengaging with their education or struggling with family breakdown, ask that God might provide a way forward for them according to His will.
- Pray for all the children in our community that are sick, pray that God might use this suffering to reveal more of Himself
- Pray for students in their senior years of study, that their hearts & minds would still have room for God
- Pray that God might provide us with ongoing opportunities to speak and act in the lives of young people in the Mt Barker region according to His love and purpose
- Give thanks for God’s gift of family and the part they play at Trinity Mount Barker
- Give thanks to God for the support, love and care He provides for us through our families
- Praise God for the provision of living in relationship, and the blessings & challenges having a family bring
- Praise God for Mothers & Fathers, brothers and sisters and their roles in guiding and caring for one another
- Praise God for the way He uses family to demonstrate His character and reveal himself to us in new ways
- Pray for protection and covering over TMB marriages and families
- Pray for the families who are suffering and battling illnesses within our church family. Ask for healing, strength & courage as these families face much hardship
- Pray for those supporting and caring for other families within TMB. Ask that we might all accept and cherish our roles in caring for one another, regardless of the sacrifice or discomfort to our own lives
- Pray that God might guide our families in truth, for the glory of his name and the rapid spread of the gospel
- Pray that we might work hard in the preservation and support of our family units according to God’s word
Families in the Mount Barker Region
- Give thanks for the wider community of Mount Barker with its many services and provisions for families
- Give thanks for all those in our community that serve families, schools, community centres, carers, counsellors & churches
- Give thanks for the valued role of families in our Australian culture and social framework.
- Praise God for the many opportunities we have to connect and build relationships with families in the wider community
- Thank God for his ongoing work in the hearts and lives of parents and families across this region
- Pray for the families in our region that are disjointed, estranged or in turmoil. Ask that the gospel might break through & bring peace
- Pray for those supporting families through counselling and mediation, particularly for those doing so as Christians
- Pray that we might be diligent in our seeking to reach out and care for the families we come in contact with, for God’s glory
- Pray for those whose families or family history hinders them from hearing or understanding the gospel. Ask that God might move powerfully in their lives and break down barriers of pain
- Pray for our leaders and politicians as our society wrestles with the definition of a ‘family’. Pray for wisdom and for courageous leaders willing to stand for Biblical ethics and truth.
God has been extraordinarily kind to us at Trinity Mount Barker in our first three years! Our church has grown as many, many people have been drawn into our community and come under the sound of the gospel, for the first time, or as maturing disciples.
As God has built the body of Christ at TMB, we have become increasingly aware of the need for additional staff, not only to serve those connected to our existing Sunday gatherings, but also to help us see the good news of Jesus spread rapidly in our region.
We’re very excited that after months of prayerful searching, we’ve found someone we believe will make a great Associate Pastor for TMB. We’ve invited this person to join the team at the beginning of 2014, as long as we’re able to raise the finances required to pay them!
Will join with us in giving deliberately, generously and sacrificially, so that under God, we might see the good news of Jesus spread rapidly and be honoured?
You can download a copy of the For the Rapid Spread of the Gospel information and response form here. Please return completed forms by Sunday August 18th.
Praying for those being persecuted in Iraq
Canon Andrew White, an Anglican Vicar in Baghdad has asked the following:
"I have three ‘P’s that I always mention which is for Protection, Provision and Perseverance. We need protection, we need to provide for those people and we need to keep going.”
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High,to God, who vindicates me.
- For God to work miraculously in the hearts of the ISIS militants, to convict them of their sin and turn towards God in repentance
- For Governments around the world to open their borders and provide a safe haven for refugees
- For women and children left unable to defend themselves against slavery – that no one would provide the means to carry it out
- For increased awareness and accurate reporting in the media
- For courage for ordinary Iraqi’s to open their homes to refugees despite the cost
- For God to give peace and assurance in the hearts and minds of those being persecuted – that He has not abandoned them
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
- For generosity from Christians around the world
- For aid agencies like Barnabas Fund, Open Doors and the Bible Society – that their people in Iraq can supply material needs to those without food clothing or shelter
- For those trapped in the mountains without food or water
- For the food aid dropped by American, Australian and other International forces, that it would reach those in need
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
- For strength and trust in God and certain assurance of the future hope of eternal life
- For determination to stand firm in their faith and hold on to God’s promises
- For those fleeing to be able to keep going, for those left behind, to protect and support each other
- For us all not to forget them, but continue to uphold them in prayer
The Fathers Day Prayer of Thanksgiving was requested in readable, printable format. Here it is in PDF form ready to print or read.
We do not have the original source document for this prayer, so if you happen to come across it please do let us know so that we can attribute it correctly.
More Articles ...