For those of you who weren't able to join us for the Hour of Prayer this month, these are some of the prayer points we prayed about during our time together. Our focus for this month is on our apologetic series during May 'If you could ask God'. The prayer meeting focused on each question that will be explored in the Sunday talks during May.
This Sunday, January 18th, we commence a new teaching series, "Foundations." As has been our pattern in recent years, we are beginning this new year, considering together some of the foundational truths that shape our Chirstian life - both our corporate Christian life, and our personal life of faith in Jesus.
This year, we'll be asking five questions together:
18 Jan - Why on earth would we hope for heaven?
25 Jan - Why on earth would we pray?
1 Feb - Why on earth would we plant a new church?
8 Feb - Why on earth would we get involved?
15 Feb - Why on earth would we make disciples?
Please join us as we consider again, and build upon our foundation for 2105 and beyond! This teaching series will be the same at both 9 AM and 11 AM Church.
TMB Children & Youth
- Give thanks for the great gift from God that young people are amongst the community of Trinity Mount Barker
- Give thanks to God for the joyful reminders our children are of His character and love
- Praise God for bringing them to be a part of His church and sitting them under the sound of the gospel as they grow
- Praise God for the important place children take as part of our church and for the privilege we all have in setting examples and caring for them
- Praise God for the many people who serve and teach our children especially through our children’s and youth programs
- Pray for protection and covering over our children & youth, particularly for those most vulnerable & a risk
- Pray for the children who are suffering and battling illnesses within our church family. Ask for healing, strength & God’s peace in sickness
- Pray for wisdom and energy for those preparing and teaching the materials that teach our young people how to learn and wrestle with what the Bible says
- Pray that God might call our children to Himself, for the glory of his name and the rapid spread of the gospel in generations to come
- Pray that we might be ever vigilant in our guidance and nurturing as we set examples in life and faith for these young people who are so precious to God.
Mount Barker Region Children & Youth
- Give thanks for the community of Mount Barker with its many services and provisions for children & youth
- Give thanks for all those in our community that serve young people, teachers, CPSW’s, coaches, carers, counsellors & doctors
- Give thanks for our schools and for all the opportunities afforded to our children as they learn and grow
- Praise God for the many opportunities we have to connect and build relationships with families in the wider community through our children
- Thank God for our current social and political system that seeks to protect and value children and young people
- Pray for the children & youth in our community that have experienced or are experiencing trauma and abuse. Pray that God might provide refuge and hope in their lives through the power of the gospel
- Pray for the young people at risk of disengaging with their education or struggling with family breakdown, ask that God might provide a way forward for them according to His will.
- Pray for all the children in our community that are sick, pray that God might use this suffering to reveal more of Himself
- Pray for students in their senior years of study, that their hearts & minds would still have room for God
- Pray that God might provide us with ongoing opportunities to speak and act in the lives of young people in the Mt Barker region according to His love and purpose
- Give thanks for God’s gift of family and the part they play at Trinity Mount Barker
- Give thanks to God for the support, love and care He provides for us through our families
- Praise God for the provision of living in relationship, and the blessings & challenges having a family bring
- Praise God for Mothers & Fathers, brothers and sisters and their roles in guiding and caring for one another
- Praise God for the way He uses family to demonstrate His character and reveal himself to us in new ways
- Pray for protection and covering over TMB marriages and families
- Pray for the families who are suffering and battling illnesses within our church family. Ask for healing, strength & courage as these families face much hardship
- Pray for those supporting and caring for other families within TMB. Ask that we might all accept and cherish our roles in caring for one another, regardless of the sacrifice or discomfort to our own lives
- Pray that God might guide our families in truth, for the glory of his name and the rapid spread of the gospel
- Pray that we might work hard in the preservation and support of our family units according to God’s word
Families in the Mount Barker Region
- Give thanks for the wider community of Mount Barker with its many services and provisions for families
- Give thanks for all those in our community that serve families, schools, community centres, carers, counsellors & churches
- Give thanks for the valued role of families in our Australian culture and social framework.
- Praise God for the many opportunities we have to connect and build relationships with families in the wider community
- Thank God for his ongoing work in the hearts and lives of parents and families across this region
- Pray for the families in our region that are disjointed, estranged or in turmoil. Ask that the gospel might break through & bring peace
- Pray for those supporting families through counselling and mediation, particularly for those doing so as Christians
- Pray that we might be diligent in our seeking to reach out and care for the families we come in contact with, for God’s glory
- Pray for those whose families or family history hinders them from hearing or understanding the gospel. Ask that God might move powerfully in their lives and break down barriers of pain
- Pray for our leaders and politicians as our society wrestles with the definition of a ‘family’. Pray for wisdom and for courageous leaders willing to stand for Biblical ethics and truth.
God has been extraordinarily kind to us at Trinity Mount Barker in our first three years! Our church has grown as many, many people have been drawn into our community and come under the sound of the gospel, for the first time, or as maturing disciples.
As God has built the body of Christ at TMB, we have become increasingly aware of the need for additional staff, not only to serve those connected to our existing Sunday gatherings, but also to help us see the good news of Jesus spread rapidly in our region.
We’re very excited that after months of prayerful searching, we’ve found someone we believe will make a great Associate Pastor for TMB. We’ve invited this person to join the team at the beginning of 2014, as long as we’re able to raise the finances required to pay them!
Will join with us in giving deliberately, generously and sacrificially, so that under God, we might see the good news of Jesus spread rapidly and be honoured?
You can download a copy of the For the Rapid Spread of the Gospel information and response form here. Please return completed forms by Sunday August 18th.
Praying for those being persecuted in Iraq
Canon Andrew White, an Anglican Vicar in Baghdad has asked the following:
"I have three ‘P’s that I always mention which is for Protection, Provision and Perseverance. We need protection, we need to provide for those people and we need to keep going.”
Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High,to God, who vindicates me.
- For God to work miraculously in the hearts of the ISIS militants, to convict them of their sin and turn towards God in repentance
- For Governments around the world to open their borders and provide a safe haven for refugees
- For women and children left unable to defend themselves against slavery – that no one would provide the means to carry it out
- For increased awareness and accurate reporting in the media
- For courage for ordinary Iraqi’s to open their homes to refugees despite the cost
- For God to give peace and assurance in the hearts and minds of those being persecuted – that He has not abandoned them
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
- For generosity from Christians around the world
- For aid agencies like Barnabas Fund, Open Doors and the Bible Society – that their people in Iraq can supply material needs to those without food clothing or shelter
- For those trapped in the mountains without food or water
- For the food aid dropped by American, Australian and other International forces, that it would reach those in need
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
- For strength and trust in God and certain assurance of the future hope of eternal life
- For determination to stand firm in their faith and hold on to God’s promises
- For those fleeing to be able to keep going, for those left behind, to protect and support each other
- For us all not to forget them, but continue to uphold them in prayer
The Fathers Day Prayer of Thanksgiving was requested in readable, printable format. Here it is in PDF form ready to print or read.
We do not have the original source document for this prayer, so if you happen to come across it please do let us know so that we can attribute it correctly.
The following prayer points center around our youth and childrens ministry. You can use them to help guide your prayers.
- Thank God for the gift of babies, both to their parents & to the church.
- Pray for protection and Godly covering as TMB babies grow.
- Praise God for the many people that give up their time to care for the youngest TMBers during various Church services and Bible Study Groups.
- Pray for crèche volunteers, that they might be faithful and purposeful in their care.
- Pray for the leaders recruiting and rostering for TMB crèche ministry, ask for wisdom and ongoing energy for the task.
- Pray that crèche might continue to be a tool that encourages and enables young families to come under the sound of the gospel for the sake of Jesus’ name.
CIA Kids Club Ministry
- Ask God to call on and provide a new leader for the Friday afternoon program so that CIA can resume ministry as soon as possible.
- Pray that those children who were attending CIA, particularly those with no other connection to a church, would be built up under God in other ways and through other programs.
Sunday Kid’s Church Ministry (Minis, Midis & Maxis)
- Thank God for the space and resources to run Kid’s Church programs every Sunday.
- Praise God for the faithful service of the various teachers & volunteers through whom TMB is able to offer vital ministry to children.
- Thank God for Naomi Harris and her continued deliberate and faithful work in preparing materials, teaching, recruiting and rostering for Kid’s Church every Sunday. Pray for strength & encouragement. Pray for her own family as she works hard to serve God through Children’s ministry at TMB.
- Pray that the school holidays bring rest and refreshment to all those serving at Kid’s Church, giving renewed energy for another term.
- Pray for those that have been asked to serve as teachers for Kid’s Church. Ask that they might take the offer seriously and prayerfully consider how they might be able to serve the children at TMB.
- Ask that God might provide many more volunteers for Kid’s Church to relieve pressure on the few who are currently serving.
- Pray that Kid’s church might continue to be a tool that encourages and enables young families to come under the sound of the gospel for the sake of Jesus’ name.
- Thank God for children and the many blessings He lavishes on us through them.
- Praise God for His work in the lives and hearts of our youngest followers of Christ.
- Pray that we might always provide for and never hinder the growth, in faith and service, of our children at TMB.
- Pray that we might continue to prioritise and hold high the ministry of the gospel to our children, both during and beyond church every Sunday.
- Ask that God might draw the attention of young families until He is their whole focus and the reason for ‘doing life’ in a way that brings glory to Him.
- Pray for children connected to TMB who are not yet followers of Jesus. Ask that the Holy Spirit might work in their lives through the various children’s ministries at TMB.
- Pray for children in Mt Barker not connected with TMB or any other church. Pray that God might see and hear them, draw them to himself and allow Mt Barker to see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- Ask for God’s protection over the lives of children. Pray that they might be spared of the sin of those who have come before them and that they might be set apart for God’s glory.
- Pray that those children who were attending CIA, particularly those with no other connection to a church, would be built up under God in other ways and through other programs.
GiG Youth Ministry
- Praise God for the Friday night youth group ‘GiG - Growing in God’.
- Thank God for engaging and valued small group Bible study times across the first term.
- Thank God for the students who attend, for their willingness and desire to study the Bible and know Jesus.
- Thank God for the leaders who give up their Friday nights to serve and teach young people at GiG – Katy, Tim, David, Anthea & Daniel.
- Pray for renewed energy and fervour over the school holiday period as leaders rest and prepare for another term of the GiG program.
- Pray for Katy as she writes study guides and continues in planning and preparation for the rest of the year.
- Pray that the leaders would continue to be challenged to build relationships with the GiG students especially assigned to them with the desire to disciple them towards maturity in Jesus.
- Praise God for bringing several new students in contact with GiG who are yet to follow Christ. Ask that He might enable the faithful teaching of the gospel to these young people.
- Pray that the gospel would spread rapidly from GiG and that the students would be equipped to share the gospel with their friends.
YA – Young Adults Ministry
- Thank God for Andrew Harris and his leadership of this ministry. Ask for continued wisdom and energy as he leads a challenging demographic within TMB.
- Pray that Andrew might be able to effectively and naturally engage with the young adults for the purpose of teaching and building them up.
- Thank God for the provision of God-honouring and Biblical study guides for YA to use.
- Praise God for the encouragement many of our young adults are in word and service to others within the TMB community.
- Ask that God would continue to uphold our young adults and spur them on in their spiritual growth and ministry.
- Pray for more consistent and committed attendance at YA Bible Study on Tuesday nights.
- Pray that other, older members of the TMB community would take particular interest in the lives of our young adults and come alongside of them in mentoring roles.
- Pray that there would be consistent and tangible growth in knowledge through Bible Study for the YA group.
- Pray that Tuesday night Bible Study would grow in numbers, both Christian and non-Christian, for the sake of gospel and the praise of Jesus.
Our Youth & Young Adults
- Praise God for the gift of young people among us at TMB and in the wider community. Thank God for all the ways they teach and encourage us all.
- Thank God for the lives of those young people who are constantly seeking His will for their lives. Pray that God might hear their desire and be faithful in His promises.
- Pray for TMB’s year 12 and Uni students. Ask that they might be able to honour God in their priorities and choices as they balance study with the rest of their lives.
- Pray that our youth and young adults might be challenged and discipled towards setting an example for all believers in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity.
- Pray for protection from evil over the lives of our young people as their Biblical worldview competes with that of many of their friends.
- Pray for the young people that are connected with TMB in one way or another but are yet to be followers of Jesus. Ask that they might come to know the saving grace of God through his Son, and that TMB would be faithful in the discipleship of young believers.
- Pray for the many youth and young adults who are yet to come under the sound of the gospel here in the Mt Barker region. Pray that God might use TMB to reach and teach them as the Holy Spirit works in their lives.
Good News at Easter!
We'd love for you to join us at Trinity Mount Barker this Easter!
Good Friday, April 3 at 10am
Easter Sunday, April 5 at 10am
Both services will be held at Cornerstone College, Adelaide Rd Mount Barker.
Our Good Friday service is a service of reflection and prayer, reading through the Easter story in Mark's gospel. Children's activity packs will be distributed.
Easter Sunday will be a communion service. Kids' Church will be running as usual and we'll be serving hot cross buns after the service.
Easter will be here soon!
We are running a service of prayer and reflection on Good Friday the 18th of April at 10 am, followed by a family friendly communion service on Easter Sunday the 20th, at both 9am and 11am. Both Services will have kids packs avaliable.
Come and discover the true meaning behind Easter!
Looking for some clarity and hope amidst the busyness and chaos of Christmas?
Please join us at one of our two services.
On both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we'll be hearing from one of the eye-witnesses of Jesus' life, and trying to get to the heart of Christmas;
What did Jesus come to do?
What hope does he offer for the world?
How can we have a meaningful Christmas?
Please join us:
10 PM: Tea, coffee & mince pies
10:30 PM: Communion Service
9 AM: Family-Friendly Service.
Littlehampton Primary School gymnasium,
Baker St, Littlehampton
Those of you who have been with us for a while will know that last year we entered into a pledging process to enable TMB members to commit to giving deliberately generously and sacrificially as each of us are able to support the ministry of our church and under God to see the good news of Jesus spread rapidly and be honoured.
It is our great goal that men and women and boys and girls in our region and beyond will have opportunities to hear the gospel and respond and so in God’s kindness be brought from death to life.
And so within that in mind and our desire to both care for members in our church family already and also to create space for those who we hope, under God, will join us we invited Darren to join our staff team. Darren’s role is to serve us in those 2 goals and in particular to help us think about planting a new Sunday gathering in the next year or so.
And we were able to take Darren on because of the generosity of God’s people here who pledged to give; to start giving in some cases to increase giving in other cases so that we can meet the increased financial obligations we have.
If last year in that pledging process it was your intention to give towards this year’s budget even if you didn’t have a chance to respond with your pledging form but that was your intention if you haven’t yet taken the opportunity to start or adjust your giving as you had hoped can I say Now is the time that it would be really helpful for you to do that.
What we’ve experienced in previous years is that with all the busyness of a new year all the things that we and our families need to do to get the year started often thinking about our giving and acting on those intentions very easily gets squeezed out and left behind and we might not get round to thinking praying about how we can give deliberately and generously and sacrificially until perhaps March by which time because as a church our ministry costs have been consistent throughout all that time we suddenly find ourselves with a significant deficit that even when we meet budget later in the year the losses we incurred at the beginning become a significant burden and actually stop us doing the kind of ministry we want to do and that we believe God would have us do.
So later in the year or even the following year we can’t take the opportunities God lays before us simply because we put off or didn’t get round to making decisions and acting on decisions that each of us if we’re part of the Body of Christ here at Trinity should have made early in the year.
And let me say it is “should have”!
Giving to the work of the gospel is not an optional extra for Christian people.
If you’re a follower of Jesus this issue of how you support the ministry of the gospel here and elsewhere is a question of discipleship and obedience.
It is one we have difficulty with sometimes, isn’t it? Not many of us find it easy to give deliberately ... and generously and sacrificially so if you have any questions do come and speak with me or one of the Leadership Team Stuart Hull Jon Rudd Katy Walker Sally-Anne Kerrison or Andrew Harris.
You may recall on this pledge form we distributed last year there are some particular suggestions of things we could be praying for in regard to our finances as a church
I’m going to pray for some of those things now.
Praise God for his constant provision in our lives. Ask that we would truly place our hope in him. 1 Timothy 6:17-18
Pray that we might take seriously the part we have to play in God’s offer of reconciliation to the world. 2 Corinthians 5:18 - 20
Pray, asking God to grow our deliberate, generous & sacrificial giving in joyful response to his great love for us. Proverbs 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:6 - 7
Ask that as we think & plan we would not worry, placing our trust wholly in God and his plan for us. Philippians 4:6 - 7
Pray with fervour that above all else, the gospel message would spread rapidly from TMB and be honoured. 2 Thessalonians 3:1
More Articles ...